Reach the Beach SB
January 5, 2011
Good morning sugars!
Tryingtostayhopeful SB, Jinna and Courtney – Welcome!
Being new subjects you to a lot of PJs (Pervy Johns), so definitely be careful! There are great pieces of advice on the blog landing page. Look at the table of contents on the right and read, read, read. Always feel free to ask specific questions. Many sugars have links to their personal blogs which can be helpful as well.
Both of you have run into fakes straight away. Here are a few suggestions to let men know you’re looking for a real arrangement:
- It helps to put an allowance amount instead of negotiable
- I actually stated bluntly that I am looking for a gentleman SD, not a one-night stand or a relationship.
- Write your profile to reflect you know what it is to be an SB and not to reflect that you are new. There are men who take advantage of new members.
- If a man ask for nudes, to meet in a hotel room or test drives, for or before first dates, block and delete. He isn’t even worth a response. Come here and vent if you need to, but don’t get drawn into a useless e-mail exchange where it gives him a chance to insult you.
- If a potential wants to send endless e-mails without arranging a date, put him on the back-burner and work on the serious inquiries.
- Grow a thick skin and a no-nonsense attitude (while staying sugary sweet of course). If your instincts tell you something isn’t right, it probably isn’t. SDs are out there, but you will have to screen relentlessly.
- Don’t give anyone your account numbers. Cash, Paypal or a separate sugar account work nicely.
Unfortunately, some women are desperate enough to accept ridiculous offers and empty promises; therefore, it encourages the men to basically spam new members for another hit.
All that said…I’ve been very successful here and the sugar is WONDERFUL!!! I’ve had help with a job search, generous allowances, networking, travel, gifts, passion, no drama and lifelong friends. I’m 43, attractive, witty, trustworthy, and have a true understanding of sugar. It took about 3 months to find a genuine SD. If I can succeed here, so can you