2 months ago
7 Tips for the Perfect SA Profile

If you’re new to the Sugar Bowl or can’t seem to find the right fit on SA, your profile could be the missing piece to your perfect match.

Follow these 7 tips for the perfect SA profile, and you should be set to find the arrangement you’ve always wanted!

1. Have a High-Quality Profile Picture

This is the very first thing someone will see when looking at your profile, so if your picture quality is low, POT’s may not take your profile seriously.

You want to show the real on your profile, so take some time and get a good looking profile picture. Never include pictures with sunglasses on, group shots, or anything that can question who you actually are.

2. Filter Out Your Interests

Listing your interests is great! Listing out every interest is a no.

Remember, your profile is what attracts a POT to you! “Getting your nails done” or “shopping with friends” may not be ideal interests to list when attracting your ideal SD.

List interests that can be fun for both you and your POT so you can find common ground or something fun to do on your first meet up.

3. Be Upfront About Your Values

Being upfront with what you want is essential, so there’s no gray area between your profile and what you are looking for. If you leave this part out, you may end up wasting your time chatting with a POT who isn’t right for you.

Let them know if you are looking for something long term or casual, if you want your arrangement to be platonic, if you want non-smokers only so your POT is fully aware before sending you that first message.

4. Be Unique in Your Description

Just like you’re upfront with your values, you need to be up front about yourself!

Be honest here and let them know something about you! Instead of saying “I enjoy going out for drinks” say “I love everything about a good pinot grigio, and don’t even getting me started about the cocktails at such and such restaurant.” This feels more personal, and you never know who could enjoy the same interests as you do!

5. Flirt a Little

Let’s be honest; you want to feel compatible with your POT, so being too narrow and straightforward might feel like more of a demand than an arrangement.

There’s no need to be overly sexual, but a little flirting and sensuality can show your willingness to make an arrangement work, can go a long way in a profile.

6. Spell Check Your Profile

The quickest way to ruin your chances with a POT is by not proofreading your profile. There’s nothing attractive about bad grammar or a careless spelling error. This can be solved by taking just a little more time to look through your profile and using spell check in a word document before posting.

Remember, you don’t need to rush your profile! Take your time and get it right, because you don’t want to look back and wonder how many POTs overlooked your profile for something as little as using the wrong “your.”

7. Confidence is Key

Being confident and proud of yourself for sugaring is notably one of the strongest characteristics your profile can have.

Be assertive with what you want, while also humble enough to know you are looking for a mutually beneficial relationship for a reason. POT’s want someone who is clear about what they want, not someone who is just playing games.

Want more tips like these? Follow our social channels to stay up to date with everything SA!

Come to our Facebook Live session every Friday so we can answer your questions!

Facebook: facebook.com/seekingarrangement
Twitter: twitter.com/seekarrangement
Instagram: @seekingarrangement
Tumblr: http://seekingdaddy.tumblr.com/

32 Responses to “7 Tips for the Perfect SA Profile”

1. SD in Dallas says:

The tips are good. There are a lot of profiles that are so short you have no idea what they are looking for. SBs should be careful about putting in wants as limits. If you say tall men I don’t think I am at 5’9″ so I pass. If you say under an specific age I may be gone if I am two years older. I am treating your limits as hard limits. There are too many SBs in my area to bother about marginal profiles or worry about some artificial limit.

You need to give me a flavor. But if you say animal lover I am gone no matter what else. If you have children be up front. I am not interested if you have children to schedule around. If their are small tell me, if they are teenagers and can babysit themselves I don’t care but it is nice to know up front.

Tell me your education, tell me your occupation, tell me if you have a weird schedule.

2. […] going to help you stand out from the crowd. If you’ve read our recent blog about how to make the Perfect SA Profile, you know that having high-quality photos is a top […]

3. Great site i hope to me someone soon

4. Tom says:

So MANY SB’s misspell easy words… it’s like they have an 8th grade level education.

• RME says:

What’s even more shocking is when the supposed SD doesn’t have a firm grip on spelling or grammar.
      I block all male profiles with spelling and grammar issues. They would make the worst lovers and certainly don’t look like they have the capacity to be a SD.

• Latin SB says:

Lol! Totally agree. Also, what’s with all these kids joining claiming they earn 50k or 75k and so are fit to be Daddies? Like, seriously… that does not even cover a gift for example

• Dave says:

hey Latin sb , did you forget that probably a generation ago you arrived in the USA on a donkey and now you demand rich men ?

What about better photograph quality and thumb nails on website and mobile devices?
    That would be stellar.

• Latin SB says:

Quality comes from the pic the user chose to upload and most tamper with it somehow. Website cannot judge that apparently.

6. SincereSAFan says:

These are great tips, Jenn. First impressions always count. IMHO, SA is by far the most consistently reliable, highest-quality arrangement dating venue anywhere. To paraphrase the musical “Hamilton”, don’t throw away your shot!

7. SD Response says:

As a SD, I think most of these are laughable. The thing that matters first for women are pictures. Either your public photo or your one-liner have to be interesting enough to make me click on it. Your private photos then have to show what your face and body look like. After that, everything can be empty for all I care, as long as you are willing to quickly take it to some sort of conversation without flaking. THAT should be tip #2!

The ONLY way you’ll get any money out a non-creepy guy is if he’s gotten to know you a little and figured out how you can help each other. Most wannabe SBs either don’t respond, or respond way too late to basic questions like, “what town are you in?” or “What’s your day like tomorrow?” Get an anonymous number for texting if it bothers you, or use Snapchat, or just suck it up and enjoy some free coffee in a safe, public place. It cracks me up when women try to discuss allowance before I even know whether I’m interested, because as a I guy, I know pretty quickly if I’m interested, yet most women here beat me to the punch and bring up $$$ first. Keep in mind that prostitutes are cheap and mostly gorgeous, so if you want to play the price game based on a couple of pics in your profile the same way a prostitute does, you’re gonna lose. You have to show that you’re going to be worth having a meal with, and you can’t do that without having a real conversation.

Tip #3 would be to put how anonymous you’re willing to keep things. As a married guy having multiple affairs, this matters a lot. I’m willing to bet that the less creepy and awkward that potential SD is, the more likely he’s cheating on someone. Otherwise, why be on here instead of Tinder or Bumble?

8. AnotherAnon says:

They miss the obvious, and it goes both ways, don’t act like an entitled asshole. A semi-attractive pic and any semblance of personality should get you some attention and an opportunity or 2 whether you’re a SB or SD.

9. Boy20 says:

What about you sugardaddies, do you approve this tips, maybe have something to add to it?

I think hearing what you guys think would be even greater, since you are my targetgroup 😛

• Boy20 says:

goddammit i forgot to check my spelling before posting haha

• Tom says:

Most of the tips are spot-on. But over-confidence from a SB can translate to some SD’s as bossy, stuck-up, or egotistical.

• Happy Camper says:

Three things I love to see in an SB profile:
      1. Clear pics, face and body type (no problem if you keep them private. So do I.)
      2. Humor. Corniness is appreciated. Anything to break the ice and remind me not to take myself so seriously.
      3. The phrase “Let’s meet for coffee”. When I meet someone, I know within 20 minutes (or less) if there’s chemistry. And so does an SB. Why punish ourselves by making small talk through a dinner that’s boring or even creepy? And when I read a profile of an SB who feels the same way, she goes to the top of the list.

Where I disagree with the article:
      1. Spelling. Sure it’s great if your spelling and grammar is correct, but lots of lovely people make spelling and grammar mistakes. No worries.
      2. Confidence. Not every one is confident. Why fake it, if it’s not you? There are all sorts of ways to be charming. Just be your insecure self, and I’ll be my insecure self. (-:
      3. Interests like getting your nails done or shopping with friends seem fine to me. Why not? I don’t see why those interests would be a turn-off to a potential SB. I only want to see an SB a few times a month. I’m glad that she has a social life with her friends, and that she has interests that don’t include me. I have plenty that don’t include her.

10. Latin SB says:

Most of these are not useful for example when you got copy/paste offenders which are abundant on my region and the whole website. Also, SD’s don’t get a clear profile picture or just don’t upload any because they don’t wanna be recognized and burned outside the website, so why should I?

Are you kidding me? Such self-entitlement, my god….. Sugar daddies pay for mostly everything here, while the common sugar baby bring *NOTHING* to the table – except their looks and their fake companionship. If you want a more ‘equal’ playground as a woman, I suggest you join the gazillion other dating websites where women’s demands are SKYHIGH – but then you can pay for the membership and split the bill at the restaurant, too….

Damn, the self-entitlement is at an alltime high here….

• Jon14 says:

11. Rachel Craig says:

Very nice article , short and to the point .In your notes above, I agree having a nicely written profile catches people.(speaking as a layman and observer of the men’s profiles, and new to the Sugar bowl
    You have above a few errors – is “grey” not “gray”and you’ missed the word “you” where you say “You want to show the real (you) on your profile”.
    But still is difficult, the older one gets, the more “you’s” there are and you are different with different people and situations, is what works. I’m just “selling” my services as a girlfriend, because I’m desperately broke and stuck in a foreign country, and can’t work here, whilst trying to give a picture of who I am, have had no local interest in spite of messaging lots of people, don’t even message back to acknowledge one wrote, but maybe they are under siege with choice. Or I’ve had three deactivate their profile, while I was in ongoing casual conversation (messaging)with them.
    Conversely, men seem to get away with, wearing sunglasses all the time, showing, a photo of their torso, (great shirt), , being in the photo distance and some very badly written lines. Doesn’t verify a whole load.
    Also a great favorite that keeps cropping up in profiles is for “About me” – let them know your curious” and “What I’m looking for” -Ask them what they’re looking for. and sometimes it’s one or the other ??
    Also why does one get so many viewings from the other side of the world, but not local, are they locking to see whats available elsewhere, whilst being able to maintain a distance, and yet they are the ones one could actually have involvement with.
    Finally what does “POT” stand for , I get is a Sugar Daddy by context it’s been used, but what does POT stand for ?
    Yours Perplexed , bemused, bewildered, and broke !! This Sugar daddy experience hasn’t sprinkled a whole load of sugar dust on me yet, but as they say, – anything good is worth waiting for.

When you follow everything they mention and still haven’t gotten a SD relationship in 2 years

• Cushy says:

Because most girls have a completely unrealistic view as to allowances and think 1k a week is just play money. I earn over a million a year of which I clear least than 600k. There’s no way I’m committing more than 100k of that to a sugar lifestyle, and I’d be exceptionally surprised if more than 5% of the guys on here earn that or more! Do the sums girls!!!

Well it depends what your criteria are. If you only want money and nothing in exchange than nobody will pick you.

i agree good picture are important.
      be realistic what you request, e.g. Oh I want only chatting but give me 10k a month.

We can break it down.
      This is not a dating site.
      Men want beautiful young woman, intelligent, sexy, drama free where they can ENJOY time.

• Lovely baby says:

Well, also remember there are a lot of fake daddies on here too that do not understand the meaning of sugar

• Tom says:

2 years? That’s a long time :( Are you in a rural area or small town? I’m a SD in Phoenix and have had over 30 SB’s in the past year.

• Tom says:

2 years? That’s a long time. Are you in a small town? I’m a SD in Phoenix and have had over 30 SB’s in the past year.

13. Denzel says:

It’s a perfect website

14. Jaybird923 says:

First lol haven’t done that in a long time. To all my old friends who occasionally check in, hope you guys are doing well xoxo :-)

15. Jaybird923 says:

First lol haven’t done that in a long time. To all my old friends who check in occasionally hope everyone is doing well. Xoxo :-)

16. Shanae says:

Only had 1 arrangement but never heard from him, it’s so hard especially if some people don’t like you or if you have a child.