Beauty for Every Budget

One of the most fun things about being a woman is having the ability to change your look. Makeup is a the perfect avenue for this. Although, with brands and choices galore, it can somewhat be overwhelming.

Whether you’re on a serious budget or have the cash to spend, here’s a little something for every beauty’s wallet.

Conceal Your Imperfections

Concealer would be my must have if I were stuck on a deserted island with only one essential item. Concealer helps you look less tired, puffy and evens out your skin tone.

Maybelline “Fit Me” concealer is an inexpensive but luxurious product, and the tub lasts forever! At only $6 from any local drugstore, it’s worth trying out. If you want a more expensive option, try Amazing Concealer. Although it’s $28, you only need a tiny dab to cover under your eyes, so the tub will last you at least two months.

nice and cheap

Look at Me Lashes

Every gal needs a great mascara to make her eyes pop. Men love long, luscious lashes and, come on, we do too. Diorshow is a fan favorite of celebrities but at $25 it is a bit on the pricier side, since you can go through mascara pretty quick. A good, cheaper alternative is L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara which comes in right around the $5 mark. Carbon Black is a perfect shade for a dark, lush, nighttime lashes.

Side note – Please invest in a eyelash curler. Your eyelashes will automatically look longer if you use this tool, before putting on mascara. Beware though, you should not use a curler after you put on mascara. This can lead to lash breakage.

pretty

Bronzed and Beautiful

Bronzer, bronzer, bronzer.  Everyone looks better sunkissed, and bronzer is ideal for the woman who spends most of her time indoors. There are a ton of great bronzers out there but some of them have an orange tint, so make sure you pick one that is more brown based. You don’t want to look like Lilo here. Lorac TANtalizer is an extravagant product that is natural and better for your skin. It costs right around $30 and is available in most beauty or department stores. For my budget babes, Milani’s Bronzer XL is huge, lasts forever and only costs $10.

makeup

It’s in the Eyes

An eye shadow palette is truly a must-have in any woman’s beauty box. Choosing one with a variety of neutral colors is perfect for changing up your look from day-to-night. NYX Cosmetics Eye Shadow Palette for smokey eyes comes with ten color choices and only costs $10! Urban Decay’s Naked Palette is $54, but has over ten colors to master your smouldering look. The Naked Palette collection comes in 3 beautiful versions. If you buy this eye shadow palette, you won’t have to buy any other shadows for a year.

palettes

Makeup should always enhance your inner beauty. Try and play up one feature, while keeping the rest minimal, and you are bound to look gorgeous!

What are some of your favorite beauty products?

233 Responses to “Beauty for Every Budget”

1. Josh says:

If a man sees KK in person and believes that she had no make-up on, that’s one thing. If he only sees her with make-up that costs hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars a pop then it’s not his fault per se. Media personalities, even men, wear make-up to some extent. It’s their “job” requirement.

If a woman is “fooling” men by applying make-up in such a way that men don’t even know it, then more power to her while they continue to be fooled. But if the make-up layers come off and he responds to her differently then don’t complain either.

Men typically don’t wear make-up. So they should not be expected to know much to start off with.

2. Elle says:

“Beauty for every budget”, yet I get dizzy when I try to estimate the cost of all of my makeup to begin with a part of all of my beauty stuff. I easily reach something around 800 euros or more between mascaras, lipsticks and so on… Quality has a cost, and it is great to have the choice and not put on the same face all the time. Even if there are some great brands which provide good quality products at low price (Kiko, E.L.F. for example).

To my mind, a good hygiene is the most important, added with the fact of knowing what suits you the best.

I disagree about the “bronzer” part: here in France, to look tanned is not especially a must. Having porcelain-like white skin can also be very beautiful.

My must have would be: a great BB cream, a great mascara and a great lipbalm.

3. nicegirl says:

@BabyT

I find this so true and hilarious at the same time. How could anyone say that Kim K is “fresh faced” but I have heard similar comments about women that do infact wear not just make up but quit a bit of it. I am glad you only mentally kicked yourself – lol. I think the key take away is to wear makeup well and have the appropriate makeup for the event you are going to.

4. BabyT says:

I feel like the whole idea of makeup is a catch 22. From my experience, men claim to like the t-shirt/sweatpants/hair-tie kind of girl yet, unceasingly chase the painted and dolled up women all the time! I’m not trying to overgeneralize but I honestly feel like some men can hardly tell if a girl is wearing makeup(unless of course she has bright pink cheeks and neon red lipstick). Just putting it out there, I talked to a man who honestly thought Kim Kardashian didn’t wear makeup and naturally had an angelic glow. I was mentally kicking myself in the head for even engaging this ignorance.

5. “1 says:
    August 16, 2014 at 4:44 pm
    1”

1, friend…

This is what I gather from your post so far:

You are the total package.

You can spell out all you want for some but they will still blame you for 2.

Best of success in your sugar endeavors!

6. Josh says:

Alexis,

You can spell out all you want for some but they will still blame you for X. 😉

Best of success in your sugar endeavors!

7. Alexis says:

@Josh

Ok mental ignore it is then.

“This is what I have gathered from your posts so far”

Yes, you’ve gathered very well from my posts what I’m about. I would have thought it was quite clear and you have reaffirmed my initial belief and perhaps even made it more clear for others so thank you.

8. Josh says:

@Alexis

This is what I have gathered from your posts so far. You:

– are an ex-lesbian/ex-bi who has given up on women for similar reasons many men have.

– are scared of sexual transmitted diseases.

– you prefer to have a virgin SD for whatever reason.

– prefer to have a man of small stature (that’s a first in my life).

– are open to other type of men as well.

– are very clear about the dynamics of the sugar space but trying to get what works for you.

-find the blog hilarious.

9. Josh says:

@Alexis

Yes, “mental ignore” is correct. I have chosen to ignore a few people on the blog over time and I really got a kick out of ignoring them. 😉

10. Alexis says:

I’m not seeing an ignore function anywhere on here. I guess it’s just good ole mental ignore in that case.

*sighs*

11. Alexis says:

Wait lol! There’s ignore on here???

Let me see if I can go find it.

12. Alexis says:

@torso

I don’t see how that contradicts at all. I think you’re just having some difficulty with comprehension. This does seem to affect you quite often on the blog. I wish there was something I could do to assist you, but I doubt there is.

Obviously, I expect that I will need to provide sex in a mutual arrangement as a sugarbaby. That has nothing to do with my sexual activity in the past or currently while I’m searching for a SugarDaddy.

Have you never planned anything out before? lol

An expectation and a wish are two completely different beasts. I don’t “expect” to find a smaller-stature, virgin SugarDaddy. I simply wish to.

As I said in another post… if someone tall and sexually experienced comes along whom I find that I have many things in common with, I will certainly grab him.

Burning stuff was HighSchool, hello?

Geeze, smh

13. nicegirl says:

Thank you! much appreciated

14. Josh says:

@nicegirl

Taking Kms2014’s lead, I am putting you on my ignore list. Adios! 😉

15. nicegirl says:

Josh most of what you say isn’t necessary. In this case it was. Don’t attack me if you don’t want a response. I was being civil and factual.

16. Josh says:

@nicegirl

Was that necessary?

17. nicegirl says:

@Alexis.. Everything YOU write is “willfully ignorant” – “eye roll”

“You have to be crazy to think a man is not expecting sex in a sugar relationship”
    “I don’t have sex because I am afraid of STD’s”

These are paraphrases but they all tend to contradict one another… just pick a lane and drive already. You decide to pick out things others say and regurgitate garbage in its place.

I really do hope that you find your short, inexperienced millionaire… I really do. But please don’t blast others for their expectations in a relationship… even if you think they might be a little far fetched.

I know you enjoy the drama you cause and that is why you try and be controversial… Drama is not an attractive quality – neither is “burning stuff”.. who does that anyway????

18. Alexis says:

@Kms2014

1. STDs
    2. Sexual Compatibility
    3. Comfort

19. Alexis says:

@nicegirl

*eyeroll*, that’s all I can do. I can’t help anyone who wishes to stay willfully ignorant.

20. Kms2014 says:

What is it like, to be with a male virgin? Have never been with a male virgin, sexually…that does not sound very fun, though ): The only 40 year old virgins I ever knew of were in a movie of the same name…

Alexis, do you seek male virgins, on SA, so that you can have a platonic type situation, or are you looking to be a mentor of sorts, sexually? Not attacking your search for virgin SDs, but am just curious….

21. nicegirl says:

@ Alexis,

Good story. Thank you for sharing it. I do enjoy reading what you come up with.

22. Alexis says:

@nicegirl
    “WHAT? Am I reading this correctly? If you are serious you are definitely in the wrong location. Christianmingle.com might be better for finding a mature male virgin – I think it would be difficult there even.”

I already met a virgin here. He was 43. We discussed the situation and I really felt it was in his best interest to pursue a different type of woman. Male virgins are not that uncommon. In fact I meet MANY more male virgins than female virgins.

It’s not absolutely necessary that the man be a virgin just like it’s not absolutely necessary he be shorter-statured. Those are just my wishes. It is what I find attractive.

How are those arrangements coming along, btw?

23. Josh says:

@Whineygirl

I would pay to witness the baffled looks on your sucker/project’s face when you run your shit tests on him. You’re a natural my dear! 😉

24. nicegirl says:

What’s more interesting is that you do the very same thing to everyone and don’t recognize that behavior in yourself. I was personally not chastising her. I was suggesting a better location to find such a person if she was seriously looking.

25. Josh says:

I find it amusing that Alexis is being literally chastised for what she merely “wished” for.

She might have been dead serious or she may be literally or half joking. Who knows yet. We shall find out when she posts further.

But she is literally being chastised for something which is in the realm of possibility.

Conversely, female bloggers after female bloggers post their respective wishful thoughts with impunity.

Interesting indeed. 😉

26. nicegirl says:

@Alexis

“Um, they’re really not all that rare in real life these days. Likely rare on this site though.”

27. Alexis says:

@yougottabekiddingme
    “Oh wow! An actual 40 year old virgin? I think you’re definitely going to have to be flexible with that. Good to hear you’re meeting some nice guys out there.”

28. “Josh says:
    August 13, 2014 at 11:20 am
    @yougottabebangingmeonlywithacondom

“a 100-count bulk bag of condoms from the internet”

“Once, I was unpacking his luggage, and I came across condoms he’d packed.”

Next time take up a project who can at least afford bulk-pack condoms from Wal-Mart, and has grey matter to spend $1.77 for 3-pack in the location he was going to and also is able to afford throwing the unused units away before he comes back from his trip.

Can this not be the same reason one would order bulk condoms from the internet instead of waltzing into a Wal-Mart to buy them?

And yes, dear…only with a condom. But please, no dental dam when applying your special kisses.

You’re welcome, love.

29. Josh says:

@yougottabebangingmeonlywithacondom

“a 100-count bulk bag of condoms from the internet”

“Once, I was unpacking his luggage, and I came across condoms he’d packed.”

Unless of course the he did not care for spending $1.77 for discretionary reason AND wanted to be found out. He knew better that you would spy through his luggage as any honest-to-goodness woman must.

30. @Alexis

31. I’m in a long distance partnership. My partner and I always use condoms…at my insistence. I mostly only have sex with myself, but he has had and does have other sex partners and local companions. Before we saw each other last, he said he wanted to feel me naturally. He hadn’t had unprotected sex since his last in state companion some months before, and agreed to be tested and refrain from unprotected sex before we met. I was tested both before and after.

The only thing better than the natural feeling of unprotected sex, is rational logic to protect yourself from associated health risks.

I once had a guy (that I had been dating off and on for 2 years) finish to completion knowing the condom had broken. I wanted to drown him in his own cum.

My last local love and I were together for about a year and a half. At the beginning of our relationship, we went through a 100-count bulk bag of condoms from the internet, then never used condoms again. We were exclusive, and both felt safe with the other. Once, I was unpacking his luggage, and I came across condoms he’d packed. I was pissed but relieved that at least the bastard had protected himself. Said he didn’t sleep with anyone, and that he took them “just in case” and figured that “whatever happened there would stay there”. Wasn’t even Vegas. Needless to say…things didn’t end on the sexiest note.

32. Alexis says:

@yougottabekiddingme
    I appreciate your wish to understand; however, I don’t know what you’re not understanding lol. It’s all there? The only inaccuracy is “near virgin”.
    I would prefer an actual virgin.

I did end up messaging with a 43-year old virgin, but he preferred a more experienced female which I can fully understand and fully supported him in doing so. It was what was best for him in his situation.

Right now I’m messaging an older man who has an absolutely lovely personality. He’s obviously neither virginal nor 40 lol but is a very nice person. In fact there seems to be a lot of seriously nice guys on this site. Everyone I have interacted with has been both respectful and nice. This man is just VERY nice, so I see no reason to discontinue with him. As also it may be more to my advantage to have a man who is more sexually experienced.

I hope all this helped you with whatever you didn’t understand. If you’re still having difficulties just think of it as, “She is a very versatile and flexible person.” That might assist you.

33. “Alexis says:

“A man is going to pay a thousand+ per month to wear a condom lol? Is this really a possibility? It almost seems cruel to me. Dunno, just me on this one probably.”

@Josh
    lol I’m way worse. STDs are one of the main reasons why I don’t have sex at all. At least you’ve had the guts to do it with a rubber. I was hoping to find a nice, smaller-stature 40-year old virgin here but so far no luck lol. All the men here are too dang tall and way too sexually experienced.”

“Alexis says:
    July 30, 2014 at 1:51 pm
    My goodness this article threw me for a loop with #4 lol. I think, yes, it’s just the site owner(s) attempting to legally protect himself/themselves. Sex is obviously an expectable portion of this lifestyle. To think otherwise is naive or delusional.”

“How is it that so many girls come here with this mentality? I don’t get it. What do they think “mutually beneficial” means? As a woman, I just find this so frustrating because it makes us look so dumb lol. It’s also so arrogant and delusional to think that someone is just going to give you thousands of dollars a month just to exist.”

“This blog is so hilarious lol. One thing that does hit me though is how ungrateful the SBs who post here are.”

You “don’t have sex at all” AND you’re hoping to find an inexperienced, near virgin benefactor who you anticipate having raw sex with given he provide you “$1000+ per month”?

Help me understand, please.

34. “Women need to worry LESS about makeup and MORE about a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE (ie) proper nutrition, drinking plenty of water daily, exercise, eating healthy foods and eliminating chemicals, preservatives and corn syrup from their diet. That way, their skin will have a healthy “glow” and make up will not be required to hide “flaws””

Second that!

35. Alexis says:

@Josh

Oh well, life continues on.

36. Josh says:

@Alexis

What can I say? I am a chicken when it comes to STD. 😉

37. Alexis says:

@Josh
    “Yes, many risk-taking men may go for bb but I would not. I have actually been offered but refused. Too risky for me.”
    Imagine that, I wouldn’t have thought that this would be a chosen option for a man. It makes sense logically, but I thought the carnal needs would take hold instead.

38. nicegirl says:

@Goddess… I don’t believe people should have casual unprotected sex. However, I also don’t believe that anal sex falls in the same high risk bucket as sleeping with someone that is an intravenous drug user either. Just my opinion though

39. Lulu says:

Use condoms at ALL times. You can also dental dams and finger cots for added protection.

If you choose to not use condoms (or any of the above) at the very least, you and your partner(s) should get tested. Screenings every 3 to 6 months is the recommended time period for people with multiple (casual) partners.

You should also disclose to your future partners that you have had unprotected sex so that they know what they are getting or not getting into.

Know that many STIs (STDs) are silent and many men are asymptomatic (showing no signs of infection at all) so the “discreet” check for signs does not work. Many people test negative only to test positive three month later hence, regular screenings are critical.

Just as you are able to negotiate your allowance and/or arrangement, it is the same way that you can discuss your sexual health needs/agreements and sexual history.

In addition, I strongly recommend that one gets tested before, during (if longterm), and after having sex with your partner (SD and/or SB). It up to you to have “safer sex” and be responsible.

Please aware that even with testing and use of condoms, you are still at risk. Protection and testing makes one “safer” but not without risk.

You can always say, “No” and walk away or you can say, “Yes” and be responsible. You are not only putting yourself at risk but every SD, SB, or sexual partner that comes along after you.

“…Every year in the United States, there are nearly 20 million new sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Nearly half of these new infections occur in young people, aged 15-24 years…” CDC, 2013.

“…Persons ages 15 through 24 represent 25% of the sexually experienced population in the United States but account for nearly half of all incident STDs…” MISH, 2014.

” More than 110 million men and women in the United States have a sexually transmitted infection…” JSTD, 2013.

And these stats only represent the STIs that have been reported, so who knows how many people are actually infected today.

I am not saying “wear a latex suit” the next time that you sex, but I am saying, “be aware and be in communication.”

40. Josh says:

@Alexis

I happen to disagree with on this one, Alxis. 😉

41. Josh says:

@Kirsten,

Please allow me to give you an idea to come up with fresh blog ideas. 😉

Read through the blog comments and pick out what interests you and expand upon it from SA’s vantage point. THAT would be a lot more relevant and interesting blog topics.

• Kirsten says:

@Josh – thank you for your insight! I will pass along that information to my coworkers, and we will try our best! :)

42. Alexis says:

*Shrugs*

43. Goddess says:

Nicegirl… Anal Sex IS a high risk activity for HIV because of the type of tissue that the rectum/anus is comprised of.. it allows for easy passage of the virus into the bloodstream.. and allow for the virus to lock on better.. in layman’s terms… normally acquiring HIV is something that carries a small risk during vaginal intercourse, much smaller than any other STD(0.5-1.0%) say vs Chlamydia on first contact (50-60%)… so the physiology of the anus in of itself makes anal sex a “High Risk” activity… While choosing your partner wisely ALWAYS has an impact on the level of risk involved in the acquisition of ANY STD, the best solution always is: 1. wear a condom. ALWAYS. 2. wear a condom. ALWAYS. 3. refuse to have sex with a man who WON’T wear a condom for ANY sex act. 4. choose sex partners with care. 5. and remember, people are not always upfront about past/current sexual activity so ALWAYS USE A CONDOM!!

44. Goddess says:

What is this nonesense? Why not just tell women to photoshop and airbrush their photos while you are at it! Some men, MOST MEN prefer a natural look over a painted whore any day! And “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. While I can and DO tan very dark when I am out in the sun, I do not feel any pressure to have the “Sun Kissed” look the Author of the blogger claims is a “Must have”. While small amounts of sun exposure encourages Vitamin D production, excessive sun exposure causes wrinkles and skin cancer… AND those cheap bronzers “Age” a woman in photographs!
    Men who are attracted to me desire my long, red hair, light green eyes and my skin untouched by the sun, meaning they prefer my skin at its fairest.

Perhaps the blogger has a commission based contract with the makeup companies that she is “Plugging” in her Blog and receives a bonus when women from the websites who she writes for purchases their products.. As a Master’s educated technical/Web Writer, I know it is very possible…

• Kirsten says:

Thanks for reaching out @Goddess. I actually have no contract with makeup companies. I am just a beauty lover and have tried many products over time, so I thought I would write about them. It is tough coming up with fresh blog ideas for multiple platforms on a weekly basis. Therefore this was just something I came up with! Thanks again for your comment.

45. Nikki J says:

Well…..In all SBs’ defense, I think to each their own. If a girl wants to wear no, little, or a lot of make up, who cares. As long as it it flattering and she has the personality and heart to compliment it, go for it!

For someone to judge a lady off of the amount of makeup she wears is a clear indication of shallowness. If anything, you should be flattered she put toward the effort to look glamorous for you.

Me, I love make up, my first job was as a makeup artist at a kiosk at the mall.
    If I could, I’d wear it everyday, but I have sensitive skin, so I can’t wear much for long.

In the fellas’ defense, LADIES, PLEASE, make sure whatever amount of makeup you wear, is flattering to you AND your personality.

(Mascara, lip balm, and a tinted moisturizer are my musts)

46. Spoonfuldeazucar says:

@Nicegirl – I agree. Thankfully, I’ve avoided those situations as well! :)

47. Nicegirl says:

@Spoonful, These are all very valid points. There are far too many woman that either don’t try at all or they go overboard with their appearance. It is a fine line between trying too hard and looking pretty and natural, for evening not being too heavy. My rule of thumb for evening has always been more on the eyes then gloss on the lips or less on the eyes and wear darker lips.

It sounds like the men responding on this topic are not taking there dates out in public places so the makeup is not wanted or necessary. That is a very different situation. One I have never found myself in… that is a good thing ;o)

48. Spoonfuldeazucar says:

@SunshineofYourLove – How do you determine which ones are sharks and which ones are quality without messaging with them? (*Genuine interest in your process, not questioning it*)

@NiceGirl – I enjoy fixing myself up and putting effort into my appearance as well. I agree many women compete with each other for men (and men do the same peacocking…it’s not a one sided issue) although personally, I couldn’t care less about other women unless they are going to buy me a drink, too! haha
    Isn’t that why many men claim they stray from their wives or leave them, though? Because they don’t put effort into their appearance anymore? (Rhetorical question, Josh, calm down!) Being a makeup artist causes me to actually NOT wear makeup as much as the average woman I suppose, but it also gives me a different perspective on the affect makeup can have on a woman’s confidence. Many just don’t know what’s appropriate for which occasions, or that Housewives makeup might not be the best for the bedroom or casual dinner. Or they just lack common sense. haha

49. “How can someone “eavesdrop” on a profile? Besides creating multiple account like SunshineSD mentioned.. Did I miss something?”

That’s SunshineOfYourLove…

50. Josh says:

Eloquence

You buy some fair trade organic eaves from whole foods and drop them on a profile. Don’t let them sit outside the fridge for too long. Sprouting eaves are not that potent. 😉

51. Eloquence says:

52. SouthernSB says:

KMS2014-You have mail.

53. “Have you thought about maybe just taking a break while you get your mind in order on all of this? It really helped me to do so when I first got here. Another thing is you may just not be the type of person for this lifestyle. It happens and if that’s the case there is nothing “wrong” with you. This lifestyle isn’t for everyone.”

I agree, Alexis. Good points to consider.

54. Alexis says:

@Lulu
    “Not so much impatient with the process, as I find online “dating” a bit off-putting. I know that it is part of online culture to “visit and revisit again” or say, let’s go out for drinks so that can I take a look-see, but it still feels a bit strange. Hahaha.

I have never met an interested gentleman a day in my life who did the above. It is usually, “I think you’re amazing or beautiful, How can I be of service to you?” Hahaha, maybe it’s time to eat humble pie, and take it slowly.”

Seriously? “How can I be of service to you?” Wow, I would drop a wuss like that in 20 seconds flat lol. Yuck!

Yah the humble pie sounds like a good approach. It seems to me that a lot of (female) SBs have problems at first because of things like this. We’re not in that position on this site. We’re in a different position. We have to be able to handle things like rejection, being the pursuor, and putting the effort in. The way I think of it for myself is sort of a role-reversal of traditional dating.

55. Lulu says:

@gentle(man)soul

I had 77 visitors when I had my pictures up upon removing most of my pictures to a headless one, about t dropped to about 40.

Today, I am going to take the time to write to them. For them to visit even without a great picture means they must have an interest, no? 😉

@SunshineOfYourLove

2 months. Hahaha, my six days seem a bit laughable now.

I agree with you the need for a background check. One just never knows. I am on a “regular” dating site and as well and I always check people out before dating them.

56. SunshineOfYourLove…

Interesting.

57. FatB'StardSA says:

@gentle(man)soul

“I do not have time to meet them all ,or service those who I have established an arrangement with ”

Do you give your SB’s the full service package? :-).

58. SunshineOfYourLove says:

@LULU

Patience in this world of instant WANT is key. You will find a nice guy and the best way to do that is to contact the guys YOU are interested in. Wait and see if they respond, if not move on. Some may respond weeks or months later. Afterall, some of us actually have businesses to run and other crap going on in life.

So do not quit after 6 days…. in this life to get along you need a bit more guts and determination than that, but best of luck to you.

Also, some of us have multiple profiles as a way to weed out the dangerous SBs, those of the pimped up working variety. I look at some women using my unpaid free profile and then contact them with my real paid profile, give them my email address and tell them to email me. I then respond and ask for a phone number, I call and we meet. But that process may have taken 2 months from when I 1st looked at a profile. I even favourite profiles just as a way of reducing the noise on the site… then look at those again and again and see which are sharks and which are really quality SBs worth pursuing. I am not going to hand over a 1000 quid a week plus other costs without being semi-assured of my SB.

Some women here I have done tineye searches on and they show up on hooker websites (not a good sign).

I also do a background search on any SB I am with after the 1st meeting if she and I want to go further, cheapest $19.99 a month I spend.

Just my $0.02 worth

59. SunshineOfYourLove says:

I prefer a woman who is made up and feminine so any advice for some of the ladies on this site is welcomed. Have met some lasses who have those expensive Birkin bags yet show up with a bone through their nose, lisa loeb lesbian glasses and poorly done or zero make up.

SD

60. gentle(man)soul says:

@Lulu

So Lulu , my experience in the Bowl for 2 years + is that there is an ebb and flow to the activity . Some weeks or months there are so many Pots on my schedule I do not have time to meet them all ,or service those who I have established an arrangement with . Then several flake ,go dark ,whatever , and I go a spell with nothing ! Even knowing this I get frustrated and impatient and forget it for a while .

If you couple that with a profile that is less desirable to the SDs out there(I haven’t seen yours ) the traffic to your page might be less . 77 lookies sounds like a lot .

Perhaps you are in a slow cycle. I know that I still look even when I am in a relationship(s) since it is 1)entertaining and 2) it never hurts to cultivate successors to the current SBs when the time comes

61. Lulu says:

@ss1959

Thank you for the encouraging message.

Hahaha, I did think that I would have a SD by now. I have visited over 700 SD profiles and I have written to every SD that I thought that I would be compatible with or made mention of a preference for BBW, curvy, or full-figured women. Of that 700, 77 have visited my page and continue to do so continually.

I will heed your advice and give it a month, I do not have anything to lose by doing so. According to the laws of organizing, I have not done that badly after all. One is told to if you want 10 people present, contact 100.

@Kms2014

Good point(s). I will highlight my differential advantage on my profile. If I could show clear “truly private” pictures rather than cropped or headless pictures; I think that I would fare better.

@Josh

As always, it’s a pleasure to hear from you. Hahaha.

@Elaine

“been thinking SD’s have been waiting for the moment that you came online to shower you with arrangement offers?” Yes, but of course. I kid, but I did think that at the very least, I would have chatted with a compatible SD.

@yougottabekiddingme

“it sounds like you’re at that place where you’re new to this site, excited about the possibility of meeting someone, but frustrated,” yes.

The wonderful thing about my personality is that I can take most things lightly and laugh about it. I am also always open to sage advice. My challenge is sitting and being with the process. Hahaha.

Again, you all are amazing. Thanks for the knowledge and sharing.

62. Lulu, it sounds like you’re at that place where you’re new to this site, excited about the possibility of meeting someone, but frustrated and impatient with the process. I, too, have been discouraged and put off by some of my experiences and observations on the site, and based on popular attitudes (both observed and encountered), I mostly think it’s not for me.

As for the blog…

I have gotten some kicks, a few good giggles, and some helpful advice–or at least understanding of differing perspectives–from this functionally dysfunctional space. Though it does have a tendency to righteously piss and turn people off, or send them to the hills or a cave or to the tallest bridge over troubled waters with bricks strapped to their ankles (<—-don't do this).

I haven't figured out how or if SBs can search other SBs profiles, so I can't really speak on yours. But for what it's worth, thanks for the twist of orange you added to the rim of this half-full? blog glass over the past days. It's interesting to read people's take and experiences on the site.

I agree with the others that you should consider investing a little more time, and having a little more patience with the process. Also, I think that being overly eager could land you in a potentially unfavorable situation. I honestly haven't invested enough effort to really complain. I mostly only log in every now and then, or if I get a message, or I might send out a few now and then. Something about profiles with flashy cars, gelled hair, and flexed biceps, paired with the complete written summary, "Looking for fun" makes me log out quicker than I can get anything done. Anyway…I'm not sure that you can meet someone ideal on even a traditional dating site in 6 days, and the same types of people exist there. As do some of the same frustrations with messaging, profile searches, filtering etc. It should probably be expected that it'll take longer on a site where considerate investments are expected of both people. That said…being on the site even 1 day (let alone 6) can feel like too long if the right people come along and piss in your drink. If you decide to leave, and find a fanciful cave of favorable composition where genuine, well-meaning, progressive minded people roam…do drop a line. I've been looking for one myself :).

Either way…

Cheers to tasty libations and the most complementary of garnishings.

63. SouthernSB says:

Believe it or not, all my profile pictures are of me without a speck of makeup on, and I am definitely of an age were men would say I would need a little “help.” I would suffice it to say that I am the oldest woman on this blog and as such I can agree with Elaine, young woman wear makeup because they are insecure with their looks and they are spending all their time comparing themselves with their friends. Beautiful women are particularly susceptible to this, it’s a carry over from high school. Being a “late bloomer” who became the mother of a drop dead gorgeous daughter, I found out all kinds of eye opening things about the girls at the popular table, including that long hair can be annoying. I’m African-American so I never knew that.

64. Nicegirl says:

@Elaine “Even funnier is the moment when you start realizing this; not when you are young and gorgeous but lacking the selfconfidence to understand you dont need al this facade, but when you are gettng to an age where you have gained the selfconfidence, but need the “help” ! LOL”

So true, hindsight is always 20/20

65. Elaine says:

Funny thing is, I think Josh is right, a lot of what women do or wear is to show off to other women.
    I mean, how many men would be impressed by your new Gucci bag?! ?… Serious!?

I have seen serious meant comments here, from SB’s saying they HAD to have this 200$ hairdresser/ facial/ mani and pedi before meeting.
    My God, ever had a potSD turning you down because you didn’t had the right French manicure on your toenails??

Even funnier is the moment when you start realizing this; not when you are young and gorgious but lacking the selfconfidence to understand you dont need al this facade, but when you are gettng to an age where you have gained the selfconfidence, but need the “help” ! LOL

@Lulu

You need to be patient, you cannot seriousy have been thinking SD’s have been waiting for the moment that you came online to shower you with arrangement offers?
    As KMS and 1959 said, be pro-active ( no not the pro-activeness Josh is always talking about 😉 ) and mail to profiles that you feel attracted to.

And make sure to stand out of the crowd!

Succes!

66. Gloria says:

I absolutely enjoyed this article, I love how us women can quickly change our look with a few products and continue to please our daddies, regardless if we’re tired or have the occasional breakout!

67. Josh says:

Sensible posts from SBs…finally. I am enjoying them while they last. LOL!

68. Kms2014 says:

@lulu…it takes time to find a SD…especially, if you want quality, then oftentimes, you must find him, as the busy men do not have time to find you. This site is different than a traditional dating site, in that the women have to put in more effort and show SD’s what you offer Him. Not the other way around. Not to say you shouldn’t be picky–you should. But many times, these men(especially, the high net worths) are inundated with messages with women all over the world. How do you differentiate yourself from the others?…is a good question to think about, when working on your profile.

69. ss1959 says:

@Lulu

I don’t think you’ve given it (“invested”) nearly enough time. 6 days! Did you expect that was all it was going to take? You’d put your profile up and bang! You’d have an SD?

Give it a few weeks at least. Search SDs and message a few that seem interesting. Email a bunch. Chat with some. Meet a few. If you want the SD that’s right for you, you’ve got to go out and find him.

Whether you stay or go, good luck!

70. Lulu says:

@ss1959

I am very clear and I know what I want and what I have to offer.

If all SDs follow your strategy with new SBs, then what are new SBs to do? Twiddle our thumbs, hahaha, for the first three weeks.

If new SBs are expected to wait a few weeks before an arrangement can be made, a heads up would be great. We can then know what to expect and act accordingly. It’s all about clear communication.

Don’t blame or chide new SBs for leaving when they are unaware of a SD’s “sit and wait” or “eavesdropping” strategy. All we know is that it is not working.

If someone invests time and effort, they expect a return on their investment, no? Hahaha.

71. ss1959 says:

@Lulu

Really? You’ve been here for 6 days and you’re throwing in the towel already?

I don’t know about how other SD’s deal with this, but I’ve learned not to bother contacting SB’s that are brand new on the site. They tend not to have quite figured out what it is they want yet. SO even if I look at a profile and find her interesting, I’ll wait a couple of weeks before trying to make contact and let her talk to a few POTS and figure out what it is she really wants.

72. Lulu says:

@RSD

Thanks for the tip. I have currently been viewed by the same 77 men more times than I can count in the last week since opening my account. I have contacted the majority of them. Two of them have actually been very sweet online Daddy guides sharing very sage advice (Thank you).

The funny thing is that two of the “eaves droppers” as Josh calls them are Diamond members. Why pay all that money just to window shoppe? I am used to men of action and follow-through.

This is just not working out for me. The highlight of my experience on here has been reading the blogs. What fun. It has been an interesting ride.

I am here for another four days. SA won’t allow me to delete my account prior to ten days passing since opening my account. I took down my pictures , Troop 77, can enjoy my words. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy the blog.

@Ladies and Josh thank you for being so kind. It really helps as a newbie to get support.

73. HoneyButter says:

how do i set my display pic?

74. Josh says:

If the beauty were in the eyes of the beholder, women would not be lining up competing for Miss Town, Miss State, Miss Country, Miss World, Muss Galaxy, and drum roll please…Miss Universe.

75. RSD says:

@Lulu, if an SD sees your profile, or even if he doesn’t; if he favorites you, or even if he doesn’t; if he messages you, or even if he doesn’t, sending him a message is fair game. Sometimes I may note a profile and read it several times but never message because I don’t want to message too many people and end up deluged with dates. But if the SB messages me showing interest, her stock will rise instantly. I’ve definitely had SBs work out under this circumstance. If I’m not interested, her message won’t hurt her; her chances were zero to begin with.

76. RSD says:

@Josh “Then again, if you are a drop dead gorgeous coed, then even dying your hair green may not dissuade men from pursuing you.” You’re right again, Josh. Super hot SB with blue hair and I couldn’t say no…

77. RSD says:

As for makeup, Josh is correct, it is definitely for the girl or competing with other women or whatever feminine issues are out there, not for the man. I’ve begged so many makeup-wearing SBs to wear zero makeup with me and none has obliged. If it were for me, then they’d obviously stop putting on makeup for our meets to make me happy. Instead, they make me unhappy by painting their faces.

78. Nicegirl says:

@ Josh… no comment…

79. Josh says:

Is this the right time to go Awww?

80. Nicegirl says:

@Josh… that is the answer I expected. Not sure it is the truth. I suspect you are a tough outer shell with a warm gooey center ;o)

81. Josh says:

@Nicegirl

“REALLY??? do you like women at all?”

By prescription only in measured quantities. 😉

82. Nicegirl says:

@Josh…

“Now…if you’re NOT the best-looking gal out there the effort to compete with the no-make-up-needed gals is YOUR problem and not his. ;)” Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You stir such a wide mix of emotions with your quick witted comments it is frustrating and humorous all rolled into one.

“But since every woman has an inalienable right to blame a man or a group of men for anything that happens or does not happen in her life, she blames men for not appreciating what she has to do to look pretty (for them of course.) ;)” UGH….. is all I can muster here. REALLY??? do you like women at all?

83. Josh says:

Bit of Venus/Mars here…

Men either don’t give a shit what women do to their face/hair “to look pretty” OR more importantly…they have no freaking idea what you had to do to look your best (for them of course.)

Note: Most of the make-up is done to show off or compete with other women and NOT for men. But this is one of the many things women won’t acknowledge the cause and effect of OR many don’t even know that it is an issue to start off with.

Now…if you’re NOT the best-looking gal out there the effort to compete with the no-make-up-needed gals is YOUR problem and not his. 😉

But since every woman has an inalienable right to blame a man or a group of men for anything that happens or does not happen in her life, she blames men for not appreciating what she has to do to look pretty (for them of course.) 😉

84. Kms2014 says:

I’m not really much into online video makeup tutorials, but I happened upon Lisa Eldridge one day. She is wonderful and does all different sorts of great makeup, step-by-step tutorials, for any occasion(and many celeb looks),if anyone is interested. She does many famous celebs makeup, not to mention she is purty and love listening to her accent/voice. My favourite is her ‘no make, makeup look’…is very good.

85. Nicegirl says:

@HappyOnly “I seriously hope this is not the case where, when a man is asked how he likes a woman best, he says without make-up, but when he has to choose from the photo… He always prefers the one with make-up.”

I think this topic is funny but I suppose it has merit in some instances. I think many times a man thinks a woman is wearing little no makeup simply because she knows what she is doing in the application department. If he were to honestly choose the truly fresh faced, not a stitch, over lightly applied “fresh face” he would probably prefer the latter. There is a vast difference a woman from the Housewife franchises choice of make-up (putty knife style) and a sun kissed glow (barely there).

@Spoonful – haha It’s all in about what and how much you apply! – You couldn’t be more correct!!!!!

I personally do like to put effort in my appearance and that doesn’t mean tons of make up but is certainly doesn’t mean through my hair in a pony and slap on some lipgloss for date… that is what I do when I go shopping.

86. Spoonfuldeazucar says:

@HappyOnly – Glad you mentioned that. Sent my SD pictures of me when we first met and he said he preferred the ones where I wasn’t wearing any makeup…was wearing makeup in every single one. haha It’s all in about what and how much you apply! :)

87. KatPaw says:

Meeeeowwwww sugars! It’s been a bit. Lots going on for me! Doing the mad dash housing search! Looking to move to NC in next two weeks. Soo been very busy kitty with no time for sugar lately.
    Hope everyone is doing good.

88. Tori says:

I agree with you there @Josh..

Apart for the first SD/SB date. That is just NOT classy at all.

89. Lulu says:

Morning all,

@Kms2014

Yes, onto a real SD. Woo hooo!

@Josh

Love it. I will use this next time. Someone will see the light humour in my username.

Life does not have to be that serious. There is enough to deal with on a regular basis. Hahaha.

(Shhh, don’t tell anyone but I think you are hilarious.)

90. Josh says:

@HappyOnly

Way too many SBs seems to believe that there are way too many SDs out there who seek “arm candy”.

Most SDs would not want to get caught with their SBs in their arms.

Two things are important when taking photo, lighting and appropriate make-up. Even men have to use make-up when they go on camera.

Going to parties where intimacy is not going to happen is not the same as date with an SD where intimacy is most likely going to happen.

So use make-up when taking photos because your camera requires it. But forego as much as possible during personal meetings where intimacy is expected.

91. HappyOnly says:

In my experience, it does not really matter, for one can receive compliments with or without make-up – it’s more about the sparkle, purity, feeling… Still, on some occasions, when feeling light and nice have worn off during the day and you end up at unexpected parties without make-up, you still wish you had had some.
    Last but not least, sometimes it is also nice to make yourself beautiful – as beautiful as you possibly can – just for one person, even if you two stay just at home.

92. “Josh says:
    @yougottabehumpingme

“please forgive him.””

Always a pleasure, love ;).

93. Evaa_xo says:

Thanks @josh :)

94. Josh says:

@yougottabehumpingme

“please forgive him.”

😉

95. Evaa_xo says:

Please i need advice on what to change on my profile .

My id is e44ed7e4

96. Josh says:

@Evaa_xo

Remove the disclaimer about English. If you can get someone else to take photos all the better.

Other than that you should be good to go.

97. Josh says:

@Lulu

Next time try something like the following.

My real name is X but I am as much into my Superman as is to hers.

Who knows maybe a Superman will emerge out of him. 😉

98. Evaa_xo says:

e44ed7e4

99. Evaa_xo says:

Or e44ed7e4?

100. Kms2014 says:

“Lulu says:
    August 2, 2014 at 6:26 pm
    @Josh

I just had the shortest SD/SB relationship ever.

I took your advice and wrote to a SD who visited my page several times. He checked out my page once more and I asked him about a very interesting “technique” on his page.

He responded my saying it was better shown then explained and gave me his number and email.

Jokingly, I asked, “What is your name? And would you care to know my name?” He told me his name and asked if my username was my name. I said, “No,” and shared my real name.

And just like that it ended. Hahaha, with him saying he was, “no longer interested.”

I guess he did not like my real name and/or preferred my fantasy username. Hahaha.”

@lulu, sometimes, there are certain men on here without the best or truest intentions of becoming a SD. I could tell you many rude messages I have gotten, after I did not email or text them, like they asked or demanded, without much caring for my name. Is quite common on site, unfortunately. Do not take it personal, as they prey on the new and naive, and think someone will be willing to dirty email/chat/phone with them, and share naughty pics. Don’t give them a second thought or worry one second about the time wasters…and on to men with real intentions.

101. Evaa_xo says:

My id is evaa_xo

102. Evaa…

Josh is being an ass. He can’t help it though, so please forgive him.

You’ll need to post your profile ID (at your own risk, of course) if you want people to view your profile.

103. Evaa_xo says:

Ok thanks

104. Josh says:

AND you will feel good about the kind of woman you are. 😉

105. Josh says:

True. But his opinion would be specially useless. 😉

106. Evaa_xo says:

Okay thanks . But who his flyr why he has to be the one viewing my profil ? I tought everyone could give their opinion ??

107. Josh says:

There you go. His advice is not going to help you a bit but you will feel good about the kind of woman you are. 😉

108. Evaa_xo says:

How to i make a special request ? @josh

109. Evaa_xo says:

@flyr please view my profile i want to know whats wrong with it i get no messages :(

110. Josh says:

Please make a special request to flyR to review your profile. 😉

111. Evaa_xo says:

Hi :) can someone please check out my profile because i have only views no message no nothing :( i dont understand .

112. Lulu says:

@Josh

I just had the shortest SD/SB relationship ever.

113. Josh says:

@Lulu,

“I simply chose to focus on his positive points #1 and #3. I have read enough of Josh ‘s comments on other blogs to see that he showed me as much kindness as he’d could muster, haha haha haha. For that I am grateful.”

Thanks for the back handed compliment. 😉

Seriously…if men are lurking about your profile, then go git em.

114. Josh says:

Like any other “marketplace”, one needs to study SA carefully and assess one’s assets and liabilities and make the best of their time and efforts on this website.

The ratio of SD to SB is claimed to be 1:7. Whatever that real ratio is, it is more than 1:1. So if SBs want to make the kind of money that is worth their time and effort, they will have to do what men want.

For example, if your hair is brunet and dying it blond gets you more hits, then insisting on fighting that “constraint” or “oppressive” definition of beauty “may” cost you some mullas.

115. Josh says:

@Lulu

“arguing for the rights of women to live as they wish without constraint or against the oppressive definitions of beauty on women (and men alike) seems to be a totally mute point to discuss on SA.”

You’re correct. 😉

116. Tori says:

No problem angel :) @Lulu I know how it feels darling! But trust me, men as smart as they would like to come across, prefer as much detail in as little as possible!
    They are mostly very into looks, I am a US size 8 and wouldn’t change it for the world so no I am not skinny but I am as honest as they come. :)

117. Lulu says:

@Tori

Thank you will do. Hahaha.

Just to clarify, I asked “would love your advice on how to tweek my profile and/or pictures” and “not weight loss advice.”

If I was here to organize or transform SA, I would have had a totally different response for Josh (and for the author of this blogpost), however arguing for the rights of women to live as they wish without constraint or against the oppressive definitions of beauty on women (and men alike) seems to be a totally mute point to discuss on SA.

118. Nicegirl says:

@Tori, I agree telling anyone to loose weight is not acceptable. However, when someone puts themselves out there on a blog and asks specifically for strangers opinions you then need to be prepared for things you many not want to hear. Unfortunately sugar can be a superficial situation that hopefully becomes deeper over time.

119. Josh says:

@Tori

Lulu was looking for advice NOT an opinion. It would’ve been immoral and disrespectful to give half-assed “advice.”

She seems to be fine with my upfront advice and came back again 20 minutes for more advice. 😉

If you had visited this blog 6 months earlier, you would have received half-assed, PC “advice” left and right. No more…

Half-assed, idiotic “advices” would be shred to pieces. 😉

That said, if one wants dumb and dumber advices, call upon flyR.

120. Tori says:

Oh and @Josh your confidence is sexy – telling a girl to lose weight is not.

Remember – morals, respect and then opinions.

121. Tori says:

@Lulu. Cut down on the amount of things you want and what you like. Short and sweet does it best. I got to the end of the first paragraph gasping for air.

122. Lulu says:

@Nicegirl

Thanks for the kind message.

I am sure there will is an amazing SD awaiting me. It just takes a lot of sifting through and work to find.

It is a task that I quite used to at this point. Most of the men that I have dated never openly searched or declared their desire for plus-sized woman and yet it is what they secretly wished. Not only is there a stigma being a big girl, there is an even greater one in wanting one.

I have learned to say F it and enjoy all that life has to offer. I must say that I have been very lucky so far. Hope my sweet streak extends to Sugarland. I just wish it was not so much work. Hahaha.

123. Nicegirl says:

@Lulu, you should check their profiles and if you find them interesting then send them a short message introducing yourself. Most importantly, be selective and don’t settle. I am sure you will find an SD that thinks you are attractive as you are ;o) good luck.

124. Lulu says:

Hahaha, did not think of it that way.

Just thought this “visiting without messaging” business was part of Sugar culture.

125. Josh says:

@Lulu

Why would you not want to write someone who’s been “eavesdropping” for five time. Something is up. Find out.

126. Lulu says:

@Josh or anyone who cares to answer.

What should I do about the 20 or so SDs that have visited profile my more than five times now without leaving me a message.

Should I write to them or wait
    until they message me?

Thanks

127. Lulu says:

@Josh

Thanks for first point, will heed the last sentence and ignore the former.

128. Josh says:

FatB’StardSA says:
    August 2, 2014 at 12:07 pm
    @Josh

“Dumber: “more importantly does not belong to one of the high risk groups.”

“You think that having sex with a drug addict who shoots does not increase the chance of HIV?”

He wrote “drugs” not the specifics as you did. Most abused drugs are those advertised as “ask your doctor if the really-cool-drug is right for you”. 😉

129. Josh says:

@Lulu

You sound like fun person indeed. Here are two set of answers.

1. PC answer. You are big and beautiful and out of 250,000 SDs on SA, someone will appreciate you as you are.

2. Lose weight.

In either case cut down on the length of the profile.

130. Tori says:

You should sent me a message @josh. You’re quite something!

131. Josh says:

Tori says:
    August 2, 2014 at 10:34 am
    Are you a site admin @josh? Or just rather smart and handsome?”

Don’t know about all that but I am sort of balanced mix of smart and ass. The proportion of which varies from day to day. 😉

SD Guru is the admin. Based on the class of SBs he engages I am sure that he’s smart and handsome. :)

132. flyR says:

@Joshie

If you had looked at the stats before the CDC and LA Times got politically correct you would understand that more than 90% of the AIDs cases fell into the groups I described. Exclude the cases in the first circle of camp followers and the risk drops by another 50%.

133. Lulu says:

@Josh

I believe this is what you are referring to e29efef9.

Thanks

134. Tori says:

Are you a site admin @josh? Or just rather smart and handsome?

135. Josh says:

@Lulu you’ll have to post the profile id.

136. Lulu says:

*advice

Hit submit too quickly, haha haha.

137. Lulu says:

Good Morning All,

New to the site. I would love your advise on how to tweek my profile and/or pictures.

I have had several SDs visit my page (some more than once) but, no messages so far.

Thanks

138. Tori says:

You know it! @Josh!

139. Josh says:

@Tori

Self confidence is sexy. More power to you girl. 😉

140. Nicegirl says:

@FlyR, anal sex does not put a person in a high risk group… the person you choose to have it with does. If you are selective in your sexual partners SDT’s in general (however you decide to have sex; vaginally, anally or orally) will be greatly reduced. Testing is just another smart way to safeguard yourself along with not sleeping around.

141. Tori says:

Honestly, the only time I wear makeup is for a wedding or special party. I don’t even wear it to go out with my friends at night. Get over yourselves girls. What do you think women did back in the day? They didn’t have a choice to wear makeup or not. The best makeup for you is a smile and healthy lifestyle :) I think most men will agree!

142. HoneyButter says:

I actually love my make up. I only wear eye liner, lip liner and lip gloss but it puts a pep in my step and I always say when you look good, you feel good and when you feel good, you do good.

143. Eloquence says:

Seriously…It is a slumber party for Grown-ups only!

144. Eloquence says:

Eureka!!!

The perfect “date/meet” at a public venue for the SB/SD (unfortunately, not in my area to do)…But an adventure awaits..You can spend the night with each other after champagne and live music to snuggle in a sleeping bag together. Where you might ask?

But of course… At the American Museum of Natural History!!!

Your date will have light makeup accents or will by the light of the morning. :)

145. Sugardoll says:

Muah…. love to my babiesss @alice @Josh @Zack , Zack??!!! lol

146. BlaxkNadia says:

@aliceS

The comments were better than the article…Don’t leave traces of my lipstick on his collar, check!

147. Preciouspup says:

Minimal makeup and natural essential oil perfumes are the way to go. Natural beauty always prevails gals!

148. BlaxkNadia says:

@Josh
    Do you ever take a break from being that guy?

149. Josh says:

From dumb to dumber…

150. flyR says:

Alt A – SA $200 and half day prep for first meeting

Alt B – Read a quality newspaper skipping the entertainment and social sections at a nice coffee shop while visualizing a good balanced sugar relationship. Get on the computer and research causes you believe in and donate half of what you would have spent on hair and nails. Sixty minute power walk outdoors for a dash of sunshine. Now you feel good. Warm shower (no misbehaving to lower the tension) fresh scrubbed, lip gloss casual dress, no panties if you feel evil or lucky. Now you are ready for the meeting feeling good about yourself for all the good things you have done today.

151. BlaxkNadia says:

@ flyR
    I like prep, how considerate of you.

@Josh
    I don’t remember what it was called but a quick visit to computer docs took care of it! #geeksquad

152. sirennoire says:

I like it. You wont believe how many girls stress out about meeting their SD’s for the first time and impressing them.

153. SouthernSB says:

My casual everyday makeup is just mascara and colored lip gloss. Really you don’t need much else for your normal coffee or lunch date.

154. flyR says:

RE : $200 prep for first meet

Once again SA proves how out of touch they are with my reality and I suspect a substantial majority of other real SD’s. I’ll take fresh scrubbed casual over painted and powdered any time.

When I am sitting across the table making small talk in the initial meeting I’m really wondering what she will taste like when she’s really happy….

155. flyR says:

@RSD “I don’t think I’d trust most SBs enough for cunnilingus or even fellatio without a condom. Too risky with someone I don’t know well enough to be sure of her sexual risks.”

If you applied the same logic to the much more dangerous adventure of driving (or just walking the streets of too many cities) you would stay home.

Yes you should be concerned, but careful selection can mitigate much of the risk and mutual testing even more. I get a full STD panel with my flight physical as a regular routine.

The first line of defense is selectivity ( drugs, clubs, bi-sexual male component in the culture).

156. Beach_Girl says:

Jj~ Haven’t talked to you in a while, how are things going?

157. Beach_Girl says:

Hello Sugars!

158. Josh says:

What if he does not trust the disclosure?

159. Josh says:

@BlaxkNadia

“@Josh
    I’m starting to believe he might’ve been an unlicensed quack”

Are there licensed quacks?

160. BlaxkNadia says:

@Josh
    I’m starting to believe he might’ve been an unlicensed quack

@ RSD
    It’s not about trust, more about disclosure….getting tested and disclosing that information with potential “donors” (can you guess the double entendre there?) I get tested regularly, every 6 months, and if I happen to have sex with someone (with condom) whose sexual history I do not know, I get tested earlier. I get tested not because I am some hoebag who needs one, more because I am a responsible adult who enjoys a little rump or too but is mindful of the risk involved; not to mention that I am former military and now reserve so my doctor visits are more frequent than most. That brings up another topic, how do you talk to your SD about whether or not they’ve been tested? Not an excuse for not practicing safe sex, but there is really no form of sex that is 100% safe.

I’ve read on here that married SD’s , when being intimate, prefers little to no make up…Do the rest of you guys feel the same way? I hate when my make up rubs off on my pillow and would rather wash it off if it is more comfortable for the both of us. I don’t wear much make up but the little I do wear transfers easily to things like shirts and pillow cases.

161. Nicegirl_2013 says:

@Josh… really….

162. Kousagi says:

I love the Naked 3 palette! I use it to accentuate my eye color, and I keep it subtle. It’s a really good choice for any girl.

163. Josh says:

@Nicegirl_2013

@Blax…you should like the way you smell and taste too… fyi”

Of course, scoop it up with a teaspoon and enjoy. 😉

I hope you have better experiences in the future!

164. RSD says:

165. Josh says:

@BlaxkNadia

Was he a half-assed gyno intern?

166. Nicegirl_2013 says:

@Blax… that is terrible, giving and receiving oral is and should be amazing for both parties. A man who not only knows what he is doing but genuinely enjoys doing it will love what you smell like AND what you taste like… you should like the way you smell and taste too… fyi ;o)

I hope you have better experiences in the future!

167. BlaxkNadia says:

@Josh Not all natural scents are bad, just like not all of your posts are good. If you can’t handle the scent if a natural woman, then please leave her kitchen. As far as who I attract, there’s probably some truth to that, I’ll try and be more selective. I guess the old adage is true; you are what you eat.lo, jk! Please don’t quit your day jobs! 😉

@gentle(man) soul, I felt like I was at my Gyno exam, bless his heart he did try.

168. gentle(man)soul says:

@BlaxkNadia

“On the topic of pleasant smells; I just happen to enjoy my natural musk.”

IMHO there is nothing better than a normal musky vaginal aroma . I am seriously disappointed when a new partner has no smell at all . That is second only to a bad smell.

So Nadia ,what did this dastardly vaginal misanthrope do to traumatize you ? Shame on him !

169. Josh says:

9 out of 10 dentists prefer no smell over musky smell. The 10th worked at a smelly cheese factory to pay for school.

170. Jj says:

PSTD from bad sex??? Possible…. PSTD from bad blog posts (not you Nadia); most definitely!!!!!!! “Oh good grief!!!! ‘Charlie Brown’ “The doctor is in…” ‘Lucy’

171. Josh says:

The side effect of having a vagina are all kinds of on-going disorders. PTSD = Pussy Traumatic Stress Disorder is just one of them.

Next time around try not to catch a pussy, and you will be spared the side effects including PTSD. 😉

172. BlaxkNadia says:

On the topic of pleasant smells; I just happen to enjoy my natural musk..it’s definitely nothing for me to feel insecure about or try to hide. The way some SD busy themselves with my lower torso, I find that I have more enjoyment reading blogs. I had this one guy put me off the lower torso experience for a year. I’m slowly getting back in the water…can you get PTSD from bad sex?

173. Jj says:

Monica….. seriously?

174. Monica says:

“Josh says:
    July 30, 2014 at 8:59 am

@Monica,

“And the comments here…I will delete my account today”

Go ahead…make my day! LOL”

Do you work for this website?

175. Monica says:

I’m no “sissy.” ;o)
    -MonicaPage

176. Kms2014 says:

@RSD…certain ones have way too much free time, though…am not speaking of you, by the way (:

177. RSD says:

Kms, I beg to differ. You can be successful and wealthy and make seven figures and still have plenty of free time.

178. Josh says:

@Monica,

“And the comments here…I will delete my account today”

Go ahead…make my day! LOL

179. Kms2014 says:

Monica, there are some proper freaks and loser men on here. Besides a few nice men on here…most successful men do not have much time to (constantly)post on a blog, do they? 😉 don’t be discouraged as what I see on this blog isn’t the reality of what I have, or others I know, have experienced, in arrangements.

180. RSD says:

Monica, the blog is a microcosm of the upper crust of sugar.

181. Nicegirl_2013 says:

@Southern… so true. I am a designer and many of my friends are gay (male and female). My guy friends say that they find a straight good looking man as a sexy challenge!

182. Monica says:

This blog post is pointless. It reads like a free, local fashion magazine for teenage girls. Who needs to be told that you don’t need to spend $25 on a damned lipstick?

And the comments here. If the comments section on this blog represents the Sugar world, or is even remotely a microcosm of this website, …… I will delete my account today, I I see I might REALLY be in the wrong place. wow.

183. SouthernSB says:

@gentle(man)soul-Really? Then why do the lesbians always mistake me and my daughter for that cute couple with their adopted baby whenever we all go out together?

184. Nicegirl_2013 says:

@josh… lol. I just brushed and flossed.. Thank you for your concern

185. Nicegirl_2013 says:

@gentle.. OR he is just incredibly charismatic and attractive to both sexes. I am pretty sure a gay man wouldn’t mind “Knowing” George Clooney and I am pretty sure Mr. Clooney has no tendencies to the same sex ;o)

186. Josh says:

@Nicegirl_2013

“I think I threw up in my mouth a little reading it…”

And swish your mouth with fresh water as well when you secretly throw up in your mouth, OK? 😉

187. gentle(man)soul says:

@NiceGirl

” that is so gross, I think I threw up in my mouth a little reading it… :(”

They don’t call you Nice Girl for nothing . Say thank you . I am offering real life advice . I have experienced this phenomenon many times and it is a complete turnoff. It makes me want to throw up as well when a new SB smells and tastes like Lysol. Sugar Dating is not like IRL dating unlike popular opinion . You need to be prepared to take care of your Daddy just like he will take care of you .

188. RSD says:

Yeah I wish a trip to the GYN was a prerequisite for being an SB. Really most SBs I’ve met would fail a sex ed class.

189. gentle(man)soul says:

@NiceGirl

” At one point actually took a moment before he walked away and looked my man up and down with a an appreciative look then left”

Hmmm -gays have acute gay-dars Maybe your SD exudes an appeal to those boys. ? closet .

Since I have been in the Sugar World young waitstaff(females ) and clerks in my target age group stare at me and make eye contact,even when I am out with family .I think they sense that I am connecting with them on a subliminal level. Pheromones ! It’s fun because I know that I could hit on them if I were alone .Being with family is like having a cute dog on a leash ,it makes a guy seem more attractive,safe, and appealing. It’s shocking actually . Some young Maitre di’s will give a lttle peck on my lips. A large tip on the way out doesn’t hurt either .

190. gentle(man)soul says:

On Topic : Ladies ,please do not wear makeup and perfume to the inaugural unveiling of the ass-ets after the requisite 3 M&Gs and 3 weeks of prepaid allowance, and time for the SB to “fall in lust” phase and the “doesn’t feel like a hooker” phase . I agree with RSD . Married men do not need lipstick on the collar and a strange scent of another woman about his person . Also , I will only go out with women young enough not to need makeup to hide aging imperfections . Also ,who wants to suck makeup off of a lady’s face when heavily engaged in making out .These items have heavy metals and other toxic substances within . And finally, please do not ever use vaginal sprays and deodorants to hide abnormal vaginal smells . Treating those things are recommended first. See your GYN ,not the pharmacist.

191. Nicegirl_2013 says:

As for the restaurant ogling… I went to dinner the other night with my SD and he said something that our waitress obviously thought was snarky but he was really just making a joke that she clearly did not get. She got self conscious and the next thing we know a very cute gay waiter starts waiting on our table. At one point actually took a moment before he walked away and looked my man up and down with a an appreciative look then left. It was so funny and my SD looked at me rather shocked and we both cracked up laughing. I haven’t seen a male waiter openly hit on an obviously straight man EVER. I will be teasing him about that for a little while.

192. SouthernSB says:

@SunShineSD-I just can’t understand it, as I would never do it. Maybe it’s a generational thing?

193. Kms2014 says:

Agreed, nice girl. It is all about timing for many matters, especially, being and revealing intimate details. If someone is telling you their sob story very early on in meeting you, well that might be a red flag….

194. Nicegirl_2013 says:

I believe that there are situations where this could be a scam to “get” something for sympathy but don’t you think that the timing of the conversation or sharing of such a horrible intimate secret is more telling than the admission itself? I mean if you were together for several months and it came out organically in a conversation I am sure there is no motive, but deep trust.

195. SouthernSB says:

@KMS2014-it also happens at some of the chains. Never take your guy to Hooters because the girls will ignore him and will only pay attention to you. If a woman wants to go to Hooters, for whatever reason, take a teenager,it’s hilariously cute. Or better yet leave all that to the guys. 😉

196. SunShineSD says:

“That’s what I thought too” meant I thought they were relating real experience, opening up to me emotionally. Every time it turned out to be something else, a card, regardless whether there was any truth to the claim.

197. RSD says:

It seems like a disproportionate number of SBs report previous molestation/rape. I suspect some of it is true, but when they share it, it’s not because of trust but because they want to milk it for something–sympathy, less sex, etc.

198. SunShineSD says:

@southern
    That’s what I thought too, but every time it worked out later more like “since someone screwed me in the past, so don’t blame me for screwing you now.” Another sign of con job is asking for a big ticket purchase when the relationship is not going well, probably attempt at one final bilking.

Regarding male servers at restaurants, sometimes it got so bad the female manager of the place would have to send a female server to our table to replace the male server half way through the meal. LOL.

199. SouthernSB says:

SunShineSD-Any woman that would lie about rape or molestation is just crazy and the lowest of the low and needs to be called out at every turn as they demean real victims of real crimes.

200. Kms2014 says:

@southernSB…you are so right. Used to wait tables, back when I was 18 and 19 and what you say is very true. Also, took my son and nieces to DC a few weeks ago, and we were out sightseeing all day, so I had almost no makeup on, glasses, no purse and was with two teens and a little girl. Anyway, we ended up going into a very nice Italian restaurant. There must have been at least three managers there that evening and each one came by our table at least twice. The waiter and head manager came over and told me they could make us and all of us any pasta to our liking and if I or the others wanted spaghetti and meatballs?…my nieces said my glasses made me look really young. They kept coming by the table staring at us, and continually asking how we were…it was the oddest thing I have ever seen, and have never experienced that before, even though I have been to places even nicer than their establishment. Sometimes, that sort of thing just happens in finer restaurants, especially.

201. SouthernSB says:

@SunShineSD-The reason that restaurant owners and servers kiss up to your SBs is because they are trained to do that. My daughter is a server and it says in all her training manuals that the servers are to address the woman first. It’s just like when they ask a 60 yr. old woman for her ID. and the woman gets flattered. They don’t give a crap about her age and she doesn’t look 19, but the law says they have to ask and that 60 year old might be undercover trying to make them lose their license, so to be safe they ask everyone, even 60 yr. old grandmothers.

202. BlaxkNadia says:

I think that’s too much thought on why women wear make-up. Women are women; we just want to look good. I don’t think women believe an extra brush application will result in more sugar from their men; but, it may give them a boost of confidence just knowing that they look good. Manipulation’s happen on both sides; SD’s aren’t exactly innocent, they’re men.

203. SunShineSD says:

The number (2) is a too little small, but the gist of your comment has some merit. A decade long faithful marriage took up more than half of a sexual active history that started late to begin with due to fears of getting any girl pregnant during college years and before that few teenager classmates could compare to the grown-up young teacher. Going through half a dozen young girls in a year after divorce just for variety did not contribute to relationship experience either. Instead, after a while I found sex in a stable relationship more enjoyable than constant rotation. So, yes, I would peg my first hand experience in relationships as comparable to someone a decade younger than myself. Another reason to date girls a decade or more younger than myself 😉

Do I think SB’s manipulate? Of course: do merchants try to dress up their ware or talk up their merchandise? Somewhat manipulative and hedging bets should be expected from any pretty girl. Over time however feelings do develop. My question wasn’t even about that. It was regarding for whom does the girl put forth more effort when it comes to make-up’s: the one close to heart or the mark? I already learned that when a young woman tells you she was once a rape victim, it’s a sign that she is starting to con you; correlation is 100% so far. I wonder if putting extra effort into make-up’s and letting you know it works the same way.

204. Jj says:

I think the ‘world’ is waiting for the plan to kick in and show results…. plan… implement…. evaluate……… ya’al know the drill. just say’n!

205. Josh says:

Well. I hope not. I am an admirer of his plan…when in action…and eagerly waiting on inside news. 😉

206. Kms2014 says:

Watch out, Josh, he will start threatening you next to ‘out’ for being on SA to all who know you! Lol!

207. Jj says:

“the doctor is in…” ‘Lucy’ and for my next dissertation…….”oh good grief…!” ‘C. B.’

208. Josh says:

@SunshineSD

“What do you ladies think? do you usually put more effort on make-up for the man you like or for the man you want to manipulate?”

With your wishful expectations from women just because you offer them a retirement plan in their 20s, many of us already know that your vast experience with women is with a whopping number of two women. Now with this question, you confirmed it.

Asking women advice on what women do is male equivalent of a clueless woman going into a car workshop and getting repairs on the parts her car didn’t even have.

“Do you see SB’s as manipulator’s?”

No. He sees SBs as potential carrierS of his seed in their wombs. 😉

209. BlaxkNadia says:

@ Sunshine SD

That’s a loaded question; any SB’s that answer will be admitting to the fact that they themselves manipulate men. Do you see SB’s as manipulator’s?

210. BlaxkNadia says:

Speaking for myself, I need make up, but I always go for the natural look. It just sucks that I naturally look like I am 12, the make up puts on a couple years.

211. FatB'StardSD says:

@Nicegirl_2013

I assume she has a beauty budget for her day to day life. The way I see it I get to bang her the same way she looks for her BF! Makes it seem like there is more of a connection to me.

212. JamieSB says:

Wow so much dramas on blogs past few weeks!!
    Make up wise I usually use a little primer, a little blush and some light pink lipstick.. Natural and refreshing!
    Perfume: always a little Narciso Rodrigues pink for her.. Sweet, light and so sexy!
    @all: hello all and happy sugaring :)

213. Nicegirl_2013 says:

@FB. I am pretty sure at the end of the day you only care about “the SB looking good and YOU banging a good looking SB” You really don’t care if she got a budget right beauty regimen… Do you???

214. FatB'StardSD says:

I welcome these blog topics. Arrangements should be about the SB looking good and a SD banging a good looking SB.

215. Beach_Girl says:

it’s not a great article for sure..

216. Josh says:

Nicegirl_2013

“Who comes up with these topics??”

Women at SA, who else?

217. Nicegirl_2013 says:

Who comes up with these topics?? I am pretty sure an SD or any male for that matter could care less about beauty for every budget. Unless he is being asked to pay $200 prior to each date for such topic ;o)

218. Beach_Girl says:

Hello Sugars!
    It’s been a while, how have you all been?

Makeup, hair and nails: I always do my hair, I wear makeup everyday and my nails are always done. Not sure why the SD would need to pay 200 per date for that, but that’s just me 😀
    I don’t agree with the must haves up there, but mine are lashes and lipstick

219. RSD says:

Every time I would tell my last SB, ” You look extra adorable today,” it would turn out it was because she was wearing less makeup

220. RSD says:

I think I’m the epitome of the guy who looks for the girl next door. Too much make-up, lacy lingerie, tattoos, stripper outfits, etc are huge turn offs. Unfortunately I think a lot of SBs assume all SDs are looking for that.

221. Josh says:

OK replace chemicals with expensive shit. Same difference. With your experience and what RSD posted, men don’t really give a shit about all that make-up.

Of course “some men” (Kms2014 gets really horny when she says “some men”) are fucked up and want their girls dolled up. More power to them and their money in the toilet.

Unless of course you are Lady Gaga and know how to put a show using make-up. Even more power to her. 😉

222. Kms2014 says:

@Josh they make some decent organic makeup that doesn’t have all those harsh chemicals on your skin.

In the past, I wore a little extra for a date or a night out…but most times, when I wear less the man I am with compliments more? Have heard from so many of my male friends that they have the philosophy of ‘less is more’, in regards to makeup. Also, have heard that men don’t mind a little lipstick or lipgloss and some eye makeup but that they hate visible foundation and blusher/bronzer. Suppose, it depends on the woman, too, as some can apply to enhance their features, while others cover their features with too much.

223. RSD says:

Gotta agree with you, Josh. A common SB theme on the blog is how, “my hair and nails and make-up for the evening cost $200, so how can I afford to go out for $200 per date?!” As far as I’m concerned, the SB can come out of the shower, not even bother drying her hair, put on a tight t-shirt and a pair of jeans, and have me tear ’em off of her…

224. Kms2014 says:

“RSD says:
    July 29, 2014 at 4:22 pm
    Kms, my comment on the last blog, “those hidden taxes are needed to subsidize those who are too old, ugly, or self-righteous to become SBs,” was meant to satirize the blog and the sugar world. How that was lost on you (and others), I do not know. Are we that serious about sugar life that we can’t appreciate any sattire?”

No, I understand now. I apologise….has been a weird week on blog, I guess. Is nice to have more humour (:

225. Josh says:

Most of the make-up is either for her to feel empowered because she can afford all those chemicals or to show off to her girlfriends.

It’s just claimed that it’s “for you” because that’s where the money is coming/will come from.

226. Josh says:

“Concealer would be my must have if I were stuck on a deserted island with only one essential item.”

With this thought process women will always need a man whether they like it or not. 😉

227. RSD says:

@42SWM, the makeup is to make the girl feel confident; it’s not for us. Tbh, I personally always prefer a woman with minimum or no make-up and in casual attire. Light make-up I’ve accepted as the social norm, and too much make-up is likely to seal the SB’s fate. Plus I get migraines from strong perfumes, so if an SB can’t forego perfume for our meets, I will forego her. Anyways, not wearing perfume to a sugar date with a married SD should be taught in Sugar 101; who wants to go home smelling like SB?

228. RSD says:

229. 42SWM says:

How much of the clothes/make-up ensemble is to impress other women and how much is to entice a man?